- Subscribe TodayGet a Free Book of Lists
Send this story to a friend
Midsize Company winner
Healthiest Employers: Millennium Partners Sports Club Management
- Keith Regan, Special to the Journal
Payroll coordinator Brande Ventura admits she was skeptical when she first heard about the Live Well program at Millennium Partners Sports Club Management.
“I’ve read countless articles and books telling me to eat this, do that, don’t do this,” she said. “I expected the same old song and dance.”
To her surprise, the wellness program delivered a message that clicked almost immediately with Ventura. She soon learned tips, nutritional advice and exercises that inspired and motivated her — and went beyond what she already knew.
“This program has taught me something that nothing else has — that my health should be the No. 1 priority,” Ventura said. “I’ve never been able to follow a program with such consistency before and gotten such amazing results.”
As developer and operator of the The Sports Club/LA and Reebok/NY clubs in Boston, San Francisco, Miami, New York and Washington, D.C. — including a new, smaller style of club that opened recently in Chestnut Hill and is meant to be more sustainable — midsize company Healthiest Employer winner Millennium knows it has to practice what it preaches when it comes to health and wellness, said Chief Marketing Officer Teresa Coffey-Gordon.
“For us to serve our membership base, we have to understand our community and what motivates them and how our services and products can improve people’s lives,” she said. ”And the best way to understand that is to experience it first hand.”
Chief Executive Officer Smairya Million said the firm was pleasantly surprised by a nearly 80 percent participation rate when the Live Well program was launched, with employees eager to take part in online education and phone-based coaching to help customize programs.
If you are commenting using a Facebook account, your profile information may be displayed with your comment depending on your privacy settings. By leaving the 'Post to Facebook' box selected, your comment will be published to your Facebook profile in addition to the space below.
- Most popular
- One Fund administrator Ken Feinberg praises Boston's generosity at BBJ event
- Here is every outdoor patio bar in the state of Massachusetts (MAP)
- Westborough seeks developer for state hospital site (slide show)
- Pats owner Robert Kraft's sons win sweet victory at the Supreme Judicial Court
- The hottest housing markets in Massachusetts; condos reign supreme in Q2 (BBJ DataCenter)
- Harvard files 10-year master plan
- Eight Boston startups you probably haven't heard of – but PayPal has
- Stepping back in time in Vinalhaven, Maine
- EMC’s buying spree continues with no plan to slow down
- Come on down! Ernie Boch Jr. builds a home for the ages in Norwood
- Careers at Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless | Local Opportunities
- Sr. Administrative Dean 521939 Brandeis University | Waltham, MA
- Part-time Faculty: Business & Entrepreneurial Studies Program Emerson College | Boston, MA
- Senior Solutions Architect (SOA) Tata Consultancy Services | Worcester, MA
- Onsite Recruiting Manager Randstad US | Devens, MA